Tuesday, June 29, 2010

p90xing

We'd like to introduce you to a guy we've been spending a lot of time with over the past six weeks.


Meet our new trainer. His name is Tony Horton. He's FIFTY-ONE years old. And he's the creator of a little home fitness program you may have heard of - P90X.

Six days a week, you will find Brian and me in front of our TV, dripping in sweat as we attempt to beat our bodies into submission by mimicking Tony and his fit friends. The workouts range from 1 hour to 1.5 hours and they are HARD CORE.

P90 (the 90 stands for 90 days) operates on a principle called "muscle confusion." Tony constantly introduces us to new moves so that our bodies never plateau, and so that we never get "bored." Ha! Bored? I look longingly back to the days of boredom on my trusty elliptical. This so-called muscle confusion might be better explained as never-ending soreness. I now know it is indeed possible to feel constant pain throughout my body for 32 days straight.

As far as results go, I'll be honest, we were probably expecting a little more than we've seen so far. We both are definitely stronger. Yet for all we have endured, we have yet to lose much weight (I've noticed a small difference in Brian, but don't think I've lost a pound myself).

Anyways, I'll keep you posted. In 60 days, hopefully we'll be glad we stuck with it! In the words of Tony, BRING IT! :)

4 comments:

The Notetaker said...

Wow! Way to go, you guys. I'm curious to see what you end up thinking after 90 days.

Unknown said...

I always wonder what ELSE these guys do to work out, know what I mean? I think they must do a lot of weights outside of their aerobic classes. That photo of him is amazing!

Meredith said...

Not you too?!?! We have several friends doing it...I'm impressed you have an hour a day to work out :) Can't wait to see your buff bod pic in 90 days!

The Bailes said...

Where are your "before" pics?! I really want to see them when you post your "after" photos too! :) Lea is currently doing insanity...it's another P90X workout, but it's only 30 min. I think I'll just use nursing as my workout now, just thinking about sweating like that makes me tired!