Monday, May 24, 2010

preach it, Dad!

Last week, a Wichita news station asked my dad to participate in a panel discussion among four world religions. My dad represented Protestant Christians and shared the floor with a Muslim, a Catholic and a Jew. They answered all kinds of questions, about "proven science" (evolution), the benefits of religion, worldviews and the truth, or non-truth, of each.

Is your temperature rising yet? :)

The forum lasted 1.5 hours and was condensed down into this 7-minute video.

KSN aired the segment last night and I could not be more proud of my dad! He spoke the truth loud and clear in love. My heart races and my hands get shaky as I watch this video - I can't even imagine being there and having to say what he says! But he stands firm to what Jesus says is truth.

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." - Matthew 7:14

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wow... What an interesting (and challenging) opportunity for your dad. Way to go, Mr. Mann! :)

Meredith said...

That's awesome! What a blessing to have such a strong legacy of faith in your family.

The Bailes said...

WOW! He did a great job allowing Holy Spirit to speak through him! My blood pressure went up a few notches just watching ;)

Christine said...

Wow, he did such a great job, and was ready with an answer even to the most difficult of questions! I'm proud of him! :)