Wednesday, March 10, 2010

girl time

Last week, I was privileged to spend a couple of days visiting my friend, Ashley, and her two sweet girls. We met at Focus and now live just a couple of hours from each other. She's pregnant with her third (a boy this time!) so I wanted to be able to spend some time with her before he arrives.

E is typically very smiley, we just didn't catch one in this picture.

I told Brian when I got home that it is always so beneficial for me to spend time with Ashley. She is one of those people who knows exactly why she does everything she does. Ask her why she has chosen a particular type of pacifier over another, and she'll tell you. Ask her why she reads one Bible translation over that one with her kids, and she'll tell you. She thinks through everything. And that sharpens me. After talking with her, I'm always motivated to be a lot more intentional, to have a reason why I do the things that I do (1 Peter 3:15).

Anyway, I've heard so much about her girls but had never been able to meet them in person yet. Ash and her husband have done an AMAZING job with them. They are huge advocates of Baby Wise and Growing Kids God's Way, and after spending some time with the girls, I can understand why. Her oldest is not even four but is the epitome of polite - everything was "Yes, Mrs. Smiff!" "Thank you, Mrs. Smiff!" And literally every time Ashley asked her to do something, even if she didn't want to do it, I heard "Yes, Mommy."

Wow.

Maybe Brian and I should start going through these studies now, before the kiddos start coming, to make sure the lessons stick. :)

We made sugar cookies one afternoon - E had never made them before, so it was a lot of fun. Especially since we got to decorate them in all girl colors!


What a blessing this sweet family is to me! Thanks for a great time, girls!

No comments: