Friday, November 20, 2009

Because of these girls...

... my semester at the Focus Institute, away from college friends, wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. I remember being so excited when these three and I started a weekly GNO (Girls Night Out). We met at our neighborhood Starbucks and usually closed it down. Most nights, we would then move to one of our cars and sit talking for hours longer in the dark parking lot. Since graduating seven years ago, the two Ashleys, Caroline and I have been meeting for extended GNO weekends every other year, with some random visits in between! (Our last get-together was about a month ago in Nashville, but I'm just now getting around to posting pics.)


... I have a unique bond with friends who lived along with me the once-in-a-lifetime experience that Focus was.


... I have those sorts of hilarious memories that make you randomly burst out laughing. (Like when we were running late to Ashley's wedding and decided to change out of travel clothes into wedding clothes. We picked a barn off the road to hide behind: we thought it was vacant. It wasn't. Oops.) May 2003


... I have the kind of friend who would drive through the mountains, in the middle of the night, in a terrifying blizzard, just to visit me. Caroline's trip to Steamboat: April 2004


... I have wonderful memories of picking up my wedding dress. GNO 2005: Dallas, TX


... I use Bare Minerals makeup (Caroline introduced us to it in Florida, so we all bought starter kits at Sephora and have been using it ever since.) GNO 2007: Naples, FL


... I've laughed until I couldn't even breathe.


... I've heard more funny (though sometimes horrifying) labor/birthing stories than I ever thought possible. GNO 2009: Nashville, TN


... I am a tiny bit more familiar with my camera (thanks to Netzer's tutelage). And I also now know how to crochet (thanks to Spann's tutelage)!


... I have been blessed with a network of Christ-following ladies across the country (South Carolina, Birmingham, Bloomington, IL) that I could turn to for absolutely anything. Can't wait until GNO 2011!

2 comments:

The Spann's said...

Aw Em - you did WAY better than me! I'm glad to see Car finally posted some pictures so I'll check out the link. Great post! Love you!

Meredith said...

What great friends! I'm so thankful you introduced me to Ashley...she's the bomb! Also, I would love to hear more about Bare Minerals make-up. I always see it advertised on TV and it looks awesome but you know how infomercials are. I need a REAL opinion :-)