Friday, November 20, 2009

29 reasons

On this Thanksgiving Day, I'm particularly thankful for my husband, who was born 29 years ago today!!! Here's a small list of reasons - one for every year of his life - that we (my family and me) are so very thankful for Brian...

1. For your humble spirit.

2. That you play hide and seek with Stryder every time you come home. And that you let him get on the bed and snuggle us before we go to sleep.

3. That you know more about mac products than 99.9% of the people who work at Apple stores. We will NEVER need to ask for outside assistance with any computer problem!

4. For your blue eyes.

5. That you fit in so well with my family. Sometimes, I still can't believe that I married someone who has so much in common with my dad and with my brother. You three were truly cut from the same cloth!

6. That you laugh easily (even if the joke isn't very funny).

7. That you'll watch girlie movies with me (you even let me drag you to High School Musical 3).

8. That you have made it a top priority and intentionally try to daily lead as the spiritual head of our household.

9. That you give me awesome back rubs whenever I need one.

10. That you clean the kitchen after I make dinner.

11. That you enjoy guy things, like cars, guns, technology, camping, and other manly things like that.

12. That you know about new Apple products before I do (Austin).

13. That you always warm my cold feet by sitting on them, or my cold hands by holding them.

14. That you pray with me every night before we go to sleep.

15. For your big and warm hugs (Mom Mann).

16. That whenever I run out of an ingredient in the middle of a recipe, you'll drop whatever you are doing to go to the store to get whatever I need. And you never complain about doing it.

17. For your sensitive heart.

18. That you are a hard worker and always persevere.

19. That you love dogs, and always pull over whenever we see a stray on the side of the road so we can "rescue" them.

20. Because you try hard at everything you do and you do things with your whole heart (Dad Mann).

21. For your generosity and giving nature.

22. That you are a gracious loser when I beat you in Wii tennis. (ha ha)

23. That you let me be a lady - that you respect my femininity and encourage me to be that which God has made and called me to be.

24. That you snowboard and can almost keep up with me when I'm on my skis.

25. That you seek to meet other's needs (Mom Mann).

26. That you take walks with me and Stryder after you get home from school, even when you're tired.

27. That you regularly buy me flowers, just because.

28. That you like running errands with me.

29. For your big laugh that always makes me laugh (Lesley!)

1 comment:

The Bailes said...

BRIAN! Happy Birthday! Lea turns 29 on the 4th...we LOVE Brian for many of the reasons list, but let's add another one...not a year(30 is OLD..yikes hahaha):Brian is a TRUE friend, loyal and kind...he picks you up at the Wichita airport at 2am or was it 3am? when you're stranded because of an ice storm...then he makes the guest bedroom into a warm retreat for weary travelers, he made our day!