Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pink and polka dots

So... can you tell from my last two cakes what my favorite color is? And that I really like polka dots? :)

I graduated from cake decorating Course 1 a few weeks ago and am now up to my ears in fondant in Course 3. I had never worked with fondant before - its SO much easier than I thought it would be! I love it! It's just like playing with play dough. So far I've been using the boxed Wilton fondant, but I know you can also make fondant at home. Has anyone ever attempted it - if so, do you have a good recipe?

My next cake has to be tiered (gulp!). I'm planning to break out of my little pink box and try something totally different. Stay tuned!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes- you could do cakes professionally!! They are beautiful!!

Emily said...

Your cakes are gorgeous! And I love pink. :) Can't wait to see what you do next.

Kristin said...

When I saw the title of this post, I thought you were going to say you're pregnant and having a girl :). BUT - your cakes are amazing! Great job!
-- K

Meredith said...

Awesome!

The Spann's said...

Emily, I am SO impressed! You can make us a cake in October and give us lessons!!!!!

The Bailes said...

LOVE them...you are so good! I really wish we could have done these classes together...but I can at least sympathize with ALL of the work...but it's worth the final product those late nights, isn't it?! Keep it going girl, maybe we can into business, eh?!