Monday, November 26, 2012

32 reasons

I started a tradition several years ago that, unfortunately, was skipped last year... for however many years my husband has lived on this earth, a post listing that number of reasons why I love him.

Picking it up again today on his 32nd birthday. Happy birthday to my most bestest friend! I love you!

1. For being an incredible daddy to our little boy. INCREDIBLE.

2. For working so hard to provide for our family.

3. For sensing when I need a break from the kid and giving me one.

4. For your heart for those who don't know Christ.

5. For your willingness to let go of a standard of perfection, instead working on a standard of grace.

6. For never, ever making me feel guilty when our house isn't clean (which is pretty much always).

7. For your generous heart and deep desire to be a surrendered steward.

8. For the many times you bring dinner home when I've had a long day.

9. For changing Boone's diapers, even when they are the biggest you've ever seen.

10. For getting Boone up most Saturday mornings so that I have a chance to sleep a little bit longer.

11. For buying me back my childhood home.

12. For helping me make my childhood home ours.

13. For putting our family first.

14. For developing an ingenious prayer system to pray with me.

15. For picking up dog poo and mowing the yard when it's the last thing you want to do.

16. For your man-crush on David Platt. ha ha

17. For sharing the exhaustion of raising a 15 month old.

18. For really wanting to always do the right thing, the thing that pleases the Lord.

19. For doing a song-and-dance routine so that Boone will eat his dinner (almost every night).

20. For saying "mama" constantly to Boone so that he will learn it.

21. For cheerfully and unbegrudgingly doing the dishes.

22. For wanting to use your profession as a ministry.

23. For serving people in Ethiopia with your dental skills.

24. For helping me so much with our garage sale.

25. For knowing how I take my coffee.

26. For loving our neighborhood and our neighbors.

27. For eating sushi with me.

28. For not caring at all when Boone messes up your shoes and your bathroom drawers. 

29. For making with me our most bestest creation. ha ha

30. For laughing with me at silly things like #29.

31. For fostering a Kingdom perspective, in yourself and in me.

32. For staying faithful to me for seven years.


1 comment:

Austin and Danielle said...

Brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. You two are both amazing & a great example to so many!!!