Wednesday, January 6, 2010

from three to four

Well, it's official... we're about to become a family of four! (Two people and two dogs, that is - no human babies yet!)

We picked our golden girl on Monday night, and here's a sneak peek. She's the one on the left (Brian's right). Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen?

There were five females to choose from. It. was. not. easy. They were all adorable little balls of fluff. But something about this one stood out to us - she's mellow and snuggly, and she has the most beautiful eyes.

She'll come home with us in NINE days.

It feels like Christmas all over again. :)


PS. Sorry for the terrible lack of updates from the Smith household lately - more to come soon!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO exciting!! I couldn't get the video to play, but I can't wait to see her!

Kristin said...

Yay! So excited for you! I know you've been wanting that little puppy for a long time! Can't wait to hear how your parenting adventure goes...

Unknown said...

I am laughing out loud at how distressed you sound on that video - that you just can't decide and they look EXACTLY alike to me!! Ha. Ha. I can't help but feel sorry for the one that you didn't choose. She missed out on such fun parents. SOOOO cute.

Kristin said...

Ok, I just played the video for Kate and she LOVES it. She's beaming, and keeps pointing to the one you picked, saying "dog" and "more." We've played it 5 times already. Too bad you don't live here anymore - she would be puppy's #1 fan!

Meredith said...

Ohhhhh so cute!!! I want one!!! I'm sure Stryder will love his new playmate :)

Unknown said...

Emily, It's Paige Nations! So excited to find your blog. Love the new puppies.

The Bailes said...

They are SOOOOOOO sweet! What about BOTH....a family of 5?!