Monday, September 29, 2008

NYC weekend

It's hard to believe, but our time here in Lancaster is drawing to a close - we can't believe we have less than 3 weeks left here! One of our last hurrahs on the east coast was a trip into the big city this past weekend. We found a great hotwire deal on a hotel, so we took the train in and had a wonderful time walking around, eating, watching people and shopping. A few memorable stops: Magnolia's for their incredible cupcakes, Sara Beth's for a delicious brunch, Villa Mosconi for the best manicotti in the world and our new favorite find, Supermac, a teeny tiny restaurant with a huge selection of macaroni and cheese dishes. My wonderful husband also surprised me with a trip to the flagship Louis Vuitton store on 5th Avenue, where he let me pick out my first LV bag. We were also extremely blessed to be able to help a couple of people in true need, immediately after we asked the Lord for such an opportunity. All in all, it was a weekend we'll never forget.



For those of you who don't know, my dad and brother leave today for a two month adventure around the world. A missions-minded organization has hired Austin to shoot pictures/video of orphanages and God's creation, and my dad gets to go along as his assistant. My dad is an amazing photographer and as he passed that gene down to Austin, this trip is not only going to provide incredible father/son time, it will also offer unparalleled photographic opportunities. They will be in 15 countries over the next 8 weeks... this is allowing me quite an opportunity to trust the Lord with two of the people who mean the most to me. PLEASE join us in prayers for safety, health and discernment during all of their travels. You can check out their really cool travel blog for daily updates.

We're leaving for Phoenix on Friday, so please keep Brian in your prayers as he prepares for his interview. We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Sounds like y'all had an amazing weekend! Can't wait to hear how things go in AZ!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip to NYC- I have to go to the mac n' cheese place!! I can't wait to see you brother's photos!!

camilleksu said...

Keep us posted on Brian's interviews....we'll keep you both in our prayers!

Emily said...

What a YUMMY trip to the Big Apple. :) Keep us posted about Phoenix - I'll be praying. Oh, and I'll definitely be checking in on your brother's travel blog. He is so talented!

The Bailes said...

What kind of mac and cheese did you get?!