Wednesday, September 5, 2012

after a year

I haven't done the greatest job of staying current on this blog. It's about all I can do to write a note to Boone every month. I admire so much all of you parents out there who are so consistent and organized with your posting. I aspire to be that someday (still have high hopes of doing a blog book), but I may never get there. And I know that's ok.

The past two years have been soul-stirring, foundation-rumbling kind of years. They have been the most challenging, emotionally charged, draining, sweetest times of our lives.

After it all, I know these more than ever...

God is good, all the time.

He does not forsake His children.

His promises endure throughout all generations.

He can be trusted.

He has a purpose for all things. His timing is impeccable.

He gives us more than we could ever handle so that we will fall on Him, instead of on our own understanding.

Life is made up of seasons. Everything comes and goes. He gives and takes away, blessed be His Name.

Each good thing I have comes from my Father, and I don't deserve any of it, namely: being wife to an incredible husband, mommy to the dearest, healthy little boy and daughter/sister to an unbelievably amazing family.

When all is said and done, loving God and loving people is what it all boils down to. I want to be so much better at both.

Oh, and I sure am grateful for coffee. :)

Thank you, Lord.


Huge thanks to my brother - here's the post I should have made 364 days ago.

No comments: