Tuesday, April 5, 2011

momentous

... is the word I would use to describe the past month (or past 3 months, rather). I don't even know where to begin so I'm resorting to bullet points for now, with the best of intentions to fill in the blanks and connect the dots later.

So, here follows a very brief summary of life as of late:

- Guess this one should probably top the list: we're pregnant (17 weeks today), due Sept. 13.


- After keeping the secret since Jan. 5, we FINALLY got to tell our families a couple of weeks ago.

- I turned 30 on March 23.

- My dear friend, Christine, came to Indy to visit for my birthday.

- We spent Brian's spring break in Wichita, doing grown-up things like looking at houses, evaluating mortgage lenders and signing orthodontic job contracts. It's official, Brian's start date is Aug. 1!

- I got to participate in my very first, of hopefully very many, Gilmore Girls nights (more on this to come).

- I heard my baby's heartbeat twice.

- I am, praise the Lord, over the morning sickness. Why they call it "morning" I will never know, it was the worst for me at night. Due to the lack of nausea, I can finally stand to be in the kitchen again. This is HUGE.

- We are now 3 months out from graduation.

- My computer's logic board went out and I am now using Brian's computer until mine can be fixed. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll be reunited again with my pictures and I will write more then.

For the sake of the blog book I desperately hope to create at the end of this year, each bullet above should have an accompanying post within the coming weeks. Please hold me accountable to this! :)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats, again, friend! What an AMAZING time of life you guys are in right now!

I have photos of my pregnancy tests, too - after all, they're baby's "first" picture!

PS - Thanks for the PW actions!

Amber said...

Hey congratulations on the baby you guys, that is VERY exciting news! And congrat's on graduation and the new job in Wichita. 2011 is going to be a big year for your family. We will be praying for you.

The Bailes said...

You will be an incredible momma and dadda. I can't wait to learn more from you!