Friday, October 22, 2010

24 hrs in houston

Last weekend we were privileged to attend the wedding reception of our good friend, Cody Nath. Brian and I have known this guy since we were five years old (I looked for a kindergarten picture of us together, but I think our parents must have all of them)!

Cody got married this past summer in Grand Cayman. It was a beautiful time for their families to witness, but he and Christine also wanted to throw a party that all of their friends could attend.

Guess who had the honor of designing their invitations?

The reception was so fun! Especially because we got to reconnect with some other dear friends, Steven Reinemund and his lovely wife, Cristina. Although we only went to school with Steven for one year (fifth grade), over the years and the miles, he's remained a very special friend.

Cody and Steven were both in our wedding and Brian was a groomsman in Steven's wedding a few years ago. We feel so blessed by these lifelong friendships God has given us!


We flew down to Houston on Saturday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon. It was a pretty short trip, but we wouldn't have missed it for the world!

This was also the first time we have left the dogs in the care of someone other than family. The brother of a guy in our small group graciously agreed to spend the night and take care of them. I'll admit I was a little nervous to leave, since both dogs tend to suffer a bit of separation anxiety: Stryder's is manifested in upset stomachs and Annabelle's in eating non-edibles. I left two pages of notes (what kind of crazy mother am I going to be??) and I'm happy to report that both of them did just fine!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Glad you had fun in H-Town. Sorry I spaced after you called when you were there!
Beautiful invitations as always, Em. :)

The Bailes said...

oh my, two pages of notes for the doggies?! Haha, I bet the guy was laughing at you when you left :) You'll take it down a couple of notches and will probably just shout "Keep 'em alive" while running out the door once you have kids ;)