Sunday, August 2, 2009

Braces and the Beach Boys in Boston

So, this post is REALLY late. So late that I wasn't even planning to write it.

But a couple of days ago, I watched a Full House rerun. (Side note: don't you just love how the resolution, and the resolution music, ALWAYS comes 4 minutes to the end of the show?!?! Classic!) While watching, I realized I had to post. You'll see why if you read until the end. :)

Brian and I got to attend his first AAO (American Association of Orthodontics) meeting with his parents back in May. This was during the midst of our season of insanity, which is why this post is now coming to you in August. Anyways, the conference was in Boston and we had a such a great time!

Eating fresh-from-the-ocean King Crab legs at The Barking Crab restaurant. Blow your mind delicious!

Enjoying a lazy afternoon at the oldest drinking establishment in America.

After dinner one evening, we happened upon this amazing little shop in the Italian district. Come to find out later, Mike's Pastry Shop is one of the most popular spots, both for local and tourists, in the entire city. Because of all the customers, we had to wait in line at least 30 minutes to place our order, but the yummies we came away with were entirely worth it (my mouth is watering as I type this)!

Visiting the largest Apple store in the world. This was a huge treat for my husband, a self-proclaimed fan boy. :)

And now... the motivation behind my post. The last night of our trip, we had tickets to see the Beach Boys, who were putting on a special show for anyone attending the meeting. We were super excited - I honestly didn't even know they were still around, much less still playing together. The tickets were randomly assigned, and when we arrived, we were given seats 12 rows back from the stage, right in the center of the theater. Amazing!

Before the show.

When the lights went down and they came on the stage, the place went absolutely nuts.


After a couple of songs, the drummer (who you couldn't really see while he was at the drums) picked up a guitar and came to a microphone at the front of the stage. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I squinted, and then I heard the screams. Women all around me began running down the aisles to the front. And then I knew. John Stamos (Uncle Jesse from Full House) was standing there, 12 rows in front of us on stage! I grabbed Brian's mom and we also quickly pushed our way to the front.

Oh, you know, just hanging out with Roxie and John Stamos and the Beach Boys.


We later learned that the Beach Boys often invite Mr. Stamos to join them for their gigs. WHO KNEW?!?! Most likely, he chose to come play at our show because he is currently on Broadway in Bye Bye Birdie, so he didn't have to travel very far. It was definitely an evening we won't soon forget!

California Girls

Sloop John B

Kokomo

6 comments:

californiameaghan said...

i was just at the "oldest drinking establishment in america" yesterday! isnt boston wonderful?

looks like the concert was super fun!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! John Stamos!!! That WAS an IMPORTANT post, I can't believe you almost didn't write it!!! I would have rushed down to the stage right with you. That's so funny. Thanks for a smile that is sure to last my day. =)
Kelly

Meredith said...

That's so awesome! I love John Stamos...always had a crush on him :-)

The Bailes said...

Hahaha...I wish I could have been there too, so glad you didn't hold out on us! I liked B's video the best. chuckle, chuckle.

Emily said...

How crazy that John Stamos was there!! I loved Full House growing up and he was one of my faves. So fun!

Haylee said...

I found your blog through Holly Briscoe's blog and just had to leave a comment about this! My family and I visited Boston this summer and it was such a great time - to top this off, though, what an amazing opportunity to see the Beach Boys AND John Stamos! Very exciting :-)