Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Caribbean Cruising Part 2

Here's some more cruising highlights!

Canopy Tour in Belize City
In the beautiful country of Belize, we decided to take a 2-hour bus ride (at 70 mph on dirt roads) into the jungle and do a ropes course/zip line park. (Watch video below if you want to experience the extreme bumpiness on the road.)



Out in the jungle, we did zip lines as high as 250 feet above the ground! Pretty fun. I also got to do my first belay, which was a little scary, but I survived (see video below).



All the food!
24 hours a day, whether we were in our room or out around the boat, there was always food EVERYWHERE! We tried our best not to overdo ourselves, but its a little challenging when anything you want is at your fingertips all the time. Because room service was included, we ordered breakfast delivery to our room a couple of times, which was super fun! One of the last nights on the ship, they had a huge Mexican fiesta and midnight buffet. And the last day on the ship, they had a huge chocolate buffet at lunch. Needless to say, we're paying for it now - both on diets until these extra cruising pounds come off. :)

Scuba in Cozumel
My last two certification dives were in Cozumel. And I still don't know how to say it. Coezeemel? Cawzeemel? Cawzyumel? Who knows. The water was crystal clear, warm and full of beautiful sea creatures. We saw lobsters, an evil eel, sea horses, squid, and I even got to hold a baby sting ray! No sharks for me yet, thank goodness. Brian got plenty of underwater footage if you're interested to see us under the sea. (ha ha!) And the best thing about these dives was that I passed all of my tests, so I'm now a certified diver! 

Note about the videos: I kept trying to do the "sic em bears" and I wasn't sure if Brian was getting it or not so that's why I keep waving over and over.







Margaritaville!
We first visited Jimmy Buffet's brainchild in Orlando a couple of years ago and it was such a blast! When we heard there was one in Cozumel, we were so excited and headed straight there after diving. Once again, we were not disappointed - such a fun atmosphere and amazing food!



Well, think that's a wrap! Thanks for bearing with me and sharing our pictures and adventures with us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! The scuba diving looks beautiful!!

Meredith said...

That looks awesome!! Glad y'all had a good time! Can't wait to see you next week!